DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Country Cooking At It's Finest....Yummy, Yummy For My Tummy!!

Friday, June 22, 2007


I thought I would share with y'all a favorite down home country style treat that is quick, delicious and contains the word FRIED which is a pre-requisite of all good country cooking. Y'all really should try this. It takes all of ten minutes to prepare and is a simply delicious treat! Is it low in calories or fat? Not in the slightest. What country cooking has that as a selling point? I used yellow squash, fresh out of our garden. You can use any kind really. I just like the yellow kind. Here are the sqaush. Aren't they gorgeous?









First things first...slice the squash about a 1/4 inch thick...like this.












Next, you wash them off. I usually put them in my sink and use the sprayer to get them clean & really drenched. DO NOT DRY THEM OFF. While still in sink, I add salt and pepper to taste.







Third, grab your corn meal and put it in a shallow dish or bowl. I prefer Miller's White Corn Meal. Dip your seasoned, wet squash in the corn meal.





I then put my squash in my ever present Fry Daddy. I just turn that sucker on as high as it will go and wait for the squash to float. That's how I know it's done. Or, they are a light to dark golden brown.





Then, you take them out and drain them on paper towels. Or, if you are like me and forgot you were out of paper towels, you can use coffee filters. Grab you a glass of sweet tea or Co-Cola and enjoy them while they are hot. It ain't so good cold.

Labels: , , , ,