DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Do as I say....not as I do....

Thursday, August 04, 2005


Tonight was Open House at Nicklaus' school. We had to go to find out who his teacher was, what room he had to go to Monday, you know, the basic. Well, this morning we were in the Jeep riding to my mom's house to drop both boys off, Noni had to go to the dentist. While discussing the upcoming Open House and the new school year, Nicklaus chimes in and says, "I hope they don't screw me on my handwriting again this year." (Last year Nicklaus' teacher constantly harped on his messy handwriting, as well she should. However, she bragged and bragged on him for his improvement the last 9 weeks, and his handwriting was flawless. Yet the moron teacher gave him the lowest mark of the year on his report card. Needless to say he was highly disappointed, he'd worked so hard and improved 500%. I still don't understand why, the reasons she gave were ignorant.) Okay, back to the point of this post. When Nicklaus said that, I looked at him and told him that was not an appropriate thing for a 9 year old to say. And I stand by that, it is not conducive to proper parenting to let your kid walk around saying he's been "screwed" out of something, hell, just let him use the f-bomb, means the same thing. Never!! So, he asks me, "Well, what can I say that is appropriate? Not just that word, but everything!" Without skipping a beat I told him, "You know the words Momma (me) says when she's upset, mad, extremely happy or any other more intense than breathing in and out emotion? He says "Yes M'aam." So then I complete this lesson with, "A good rule to practice is to NEVER say any of those!"