DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Thanks, Chris Benoit - Another Heartbreak, Another Fallen Hero For My Son

Wednesday, June 27, 2007


I know the situation shouldn't be so personal.

I mean, Chris Benoit killed his family, including a 7 year old baby and his wife for God's sake.

I am so pissed off at him though. And it's personal.

I am trying to help Nicklaus in some way understand this. After Eddie's death, Nicklaus was really upset. Then comes the Crocodile Hunter. Both were horrible, both were tragic. Chris Benoit's is no less tragic.

But, HE DID IT HIMSELF.

I tried to hide the horrible details from Nicklaus as much as I could. No looking over my shoulder on the Internet. No listening to the news.

I just did NOT want my son finding out EXACTLY what happened. Yes, I am over-protective, he's my kid, I can be that way.

But I'll be damned if I didn't walk away from the den for a while and the next thing I know, I have an 11 year old boy by my side, tears streaming down his face. No sounds, just a hurt look on his face.

I immediately put my arms around him. His words? His questions? Momma, did Chris Benoit really do that to his son? Momma, why did he kill his wife? And this is the part that he broke down on, he just sobbed as hard as a child can, "Momma, why did he hang himself using his weights? Momma, he won the championship, what would make him do that?"

I could only hug my son to me and say, "Honey, I don't know, I don't know." As tears streamed down my face.

Nicklaus' last words on the subject were, "I want to throw away everything I have of his. (**Note, this includes figures, pictures, etc...to him wrestling is as real as it gets, ) I don't like him. And I don't like what he did. Momma, nothing is so bad that you do something like that. Nothing. And I don't know what God thinks about those bibles he put there by them. I don't know if even God can forgive him. I know I can't, I won't. I hate him."

What can a Momma say? All I could think of was, "I know baby."

So, the only thing Benoit is a Champion of Is Cowards in my household.

Thanks Chris.

Labels: ,