DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Oh My Lord, It's Grandaddy's Hand....

Sunday, September 03, 2006


Those are the words my niece, Lisa, spoke as she entered my new bathroom. Yep, I do have Grandaddy's hand in there folks. Grandaddy died when I was 5, he was awesome. He taught me how to cuss ("Tell your momma and daddy what you stepped in over there in the farmyard." "Giggle, giggle...Chicken shit!") and dressed me up in overalls and John Deere hats. None of that frilly girl shit momma put me in for his grandbaby!...And no, I do not have a freeze dried appendage of my late grandfather in my bathroom. Can you see it in this pic?





Nope? Here, I'll make it easier...it's there...in the window....on the right...





Someone gave my grandaddy some aftershave, probably before I was born, and when it was all used up, my grandma filled it up with some water and green food coloring and kept it in her bathroom. That's was just grandma's way, and I never thought anything of it. It was ALWAYS there. When she passed away, I asked for and received "grandaddy's hand." It's always been in my bathroom, and just because I have this "brand new, could be decorated with a theme" bathroom, I'd rather have grandaddy's hand. I have several such "sentimental" themes in my home. On the left hand side, if you look closely, you can see a somewhat garish gold vase. I bought that vase for my grandma one Christmas, to my young eyes it looked terrible expensive and thus, I wanted my grandma to have it. She displayed it proudly in her china cabinet for years.





On top of my kitchen cabinets I have a group of coffee mugs. Joey's mom collected them and after she died Joey got the ones he'd bought for his mom. The plastic horse? My grandma's, do I know why she had it? Nope....she just had it displayed for years, so chances are, one of us grandkids gave it to her. That's pretty much all that was required for it to be a precious heirloom in my grandma's eyes!










I'll be sure to post the pictures of the picture my granny gave me, it always hung in her house, it's a giant picture of some Catholic lady saint, she looks like Mary. No, she never was a Catholic, but had the picture hanging, I will do so as well. Proudly!!

Do y'all have things that may seem quite odd to others in your home also? Things that make totally no sense to anyone except yourself?