DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

MY MOMMA WOULD BE SO PROUD- HELL YEAH!!

Monday, October 10, 2005


Ummm...not really! I listen to ALL kinds of music. I love Ozzy and Eminem. I love Tupac and AC/DC. Very, very different styles. But, that's just me. Nutz. Anyhow, the new car has a kick ass stereo in it and I knew just the CD I HAD to have. Definitely NOT my normal pick, a country CD for God's sake. But, this one is so cool, and so self applicable that I HAD to buy it. And buy it, I did. So, if you see a blue Dodge Stratus zooming past you with Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman blaring. Do not be alarmed. It is NOT the boys from Deliverance, it's just me. Now, the part that would make my momma proud? The fact that Noni knows the words, and shouts them right along with me, or she did until I figured out she was really paying attention to this song, and shouted out her "Hell Yeah" with full abandon and glee. Damn...there goes the Mommy of the Year award again. We had a nice little talk, and now she yells out, "Heck yeah" when prompted by the new Diva of Country, Gretchen Wilson. I'll include the lyrics here for y'all. The parts that I totally identify with will be in BOLD. The comments in parenthesis are not Gretchen's...that's my 2 cents worth! This G.R.I.T.S. ( girl raised in the South) has found herself a new anthem....and I play it full blast baby.....



Redneck Woman
Well, I ain't never been the Barbie doll type
No, I can't swig that sweet Champagne, I'd rather drink beer all night(Yep)
In a tavern or in a honky tonk or on a four-wheel drive tailgate
I've got posters on my wall of Skynyrd, Kid and Strait
Some people look down on me, but I don't give a rip
I'll stand barefooted in my own front yard with a baby on my hip (I have...and do)
'cause I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raising
I say, 'hey ya'll' and 'yee-haw' (what?? doesn't everyone?)
And I keep my Christmas lights onOn my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Charlie Daniels song(especially The Devil Went Down to Georgia)
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me,
hell yeah
Victoria's Secret, well their stuff's real nice
But I can buy the same damn thing on a Wal-Mart shelf half price(I can...and do)
And still look sexy, just as sexy as those models on TV
I don't need no designer tag to make my man want me
Well, you might think I'm trashy, a little too hardcore
But in my neck of the woods I'm just the girl next door(don't believe me? Visit)
I'm a redneck woman
I ain't no high class broad
I'm just a product of my raisingI say, 'hey y'all' and 'yee-haw'
And I keep my Christmas lights on
On my front porch all year long
And I know all the words to every Tanya Tucker song
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me,
hell yeah
...
And I know all the words to every ol' Bocephus song( I can plow a field all day long....)
So here's to all my sisters out there keeping it country
Let me get a big 'hell yeah' from the redneck girls like me,
hell yeah
Hell yeah,
hell yeah
Hell yeah
I said hell yeah!