DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Children are NOT born with hate...it is taught

Friday, March 17, 2006



See that adorable little girl to the left? Ain't she just the cutest little thing? Her name is Autumn Ashante, she's 7 years old. Little Autumn lives in Mount Vernon, New York with her father. Her dad homeschools her, you'll read in just a bit what he teaches her. Little Ms. Autumn is quite an accomplished poet. At 5 years of age she was reciting her verse for numerous audiences. These audiences include :


Carolines Comedy Club, NY
The Cotton Club, LA;
BET's "Rap It Up
Russell Simmons' Phat Farm Fashion Show
Steve Harvey's "Big Time


The City Council of New York had her recite her works at one of their City Council meetings. The council members called her "...one of the most precious young talents that this world has ever known." Little Autumn was asked just recently to perform her poetry, in honor of Black History Month, at Peekskill, New York's middle and high schools. Autumn began by asking white students to remain seated while black students stood and recited the "Black Pledge of Allegiance." The Black Panther Party came up with this one. The pledge is as follows:

Black Child's Pledge


I pledge allegiance to my Black People.
I pledge to develop my mind and body
to the greatest extent possible.
I will learn all that I can in order
to give my best to my People
in their struggle for liberation.
I will keep myself physically fit,
building a strong body free from
drugs and other substances which
weaken me and make me less
capable of protecting myself,
my family and my Black
brothers and sisters.I will
unselfishly share my knowledge
and understanding with them
in order to bring about change
more quickly.I will discipline
myself to direct my energies
thoughtfully and constructively
rather than wasting them in
idle hatred.I will train myself
never to hurt or allow others to
harm my Black brothers and
sisters for I recognize that
we need every Black Man, Woman,
and Child to be physically,
mentally and psychologically
strong.These principles I pledge
to practice daily and to teach
them to others in order to unite my People.

The Black Panther, October 26, 1968 by Shirley Williams


Now, I don't really have any problem with the above pledge. However, one point I must ponder is, "What if it was a white child that asked all other races remain seated? I don't think it would go over well at all. I must also question this phrase in the pledge, "I will discipline myself to direct my energies thoughtfully and constructively rather than wasting them in idle hatred. Why is this phrase important? Well, let me just give you the poem Little Autumn recited. Remember, she's SEVEN years old.

White Nationalism Put U In Bondage
White nationalism is what put you in bondage
Pirate and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
Drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel, tricks and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look in our streets
The mis-education of she and Hegro leaves you on your knee2grow
Black lands taken from your hands,
by vampires with no remorse
They took the gold, the wisdom and all of the storytellers
They took the black women, with the black man weak
Made to watch as they changed the paradigm
Of our village
They killed the blind, they killed the lazy, they went
So far as to kill the unborn baby
Yeah White nationalism is what put you in bondage
Pirates and vampires like Columbus, Morgan, and Darwin
They drank the blood of the sheep, trampled all over them with
Steel laden feet, throw in the tricks alcohol and deceit.
Nothing has changed take a look at our streets
-AUTUMN ASHANTE

No idle hatred there, hell no, it's an active, pulsating, ripping sort of hatred. Daddy sure does do a wonderful job homeschooling his angel. Maybe a 7 year old could come up with all of that, however, it would have to be put in her brain by someone. Daddy Ashante made several remarks to the spectators and reporters alike. Here are a few:

"When you throw a brick in a pack of dogs, the only one that yells out is the one that got hit," Ashante, 40, a member of the Nation of Islam, said quoting the slain civil rights leader Malcolm X. "When you hit them with truth, brother, you're naturally going to get this reaction."
Calling district officials "racist crackers," he said his daughter is not prejudiced and was only trying to promote unity among black youths by teaching them about their history.
"It was not about being disrespectful to anyone," said Ashante, who brought attention to the conflict by notifying news outlets. "It was the truth. There was not one line in the poem that was out of turn." That apple didn't fall far from the tree, eh?

In the infamous words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along??" I have 2 questions about this:

1) Why would someone teach a child to hate that much?

2) Again, what if this was a Caucasian slanted poem recited by a White Child?

Racist cracker my ass, what if someone called him a racist ? Okay, that was 3 questions. Sue me. And one more thing, I don't consider that whole vampire analogy racist in the slightest, nope, not a bit. Daddy Ashante thinks it inspires "unity." Yep...unity.....