DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Friday, June 17, 2005


Somewhere in my house is a bright yellow "sippy" cup. It has Sponge Bob on it. I have looked under beds, chairs, behind furniture, in short...everywhere. Now, the cup could stay missing, but..how many moms have done this- you notice one of the cups is missing (in my house it's easy, I have 3 Dora the Explorer cups that are Noni's and 3 Sponge Bob cups that are Nathan's) anyway, they're gone, you look everywhere and then one day out of the blue they show up. And show up indeed-there is some sort of thick gelatinous odor from hell in them, it's in the valve and on the bottom and it's just god-awful. It depends on the mood I'm in whether I actually open them up or just toss them and get some more at Wal-Mart. If I find that cup today, I can already see myself saying, "C'mon kids, we're going for a ride..."

Southern Sayings
I am a G.R.I.T.S. - girl raised in the South...and damn proud to be one. I tried being a Yankee for awhile, moved to Rhode Island for a year. I missed home so damn bad. I even named a cat I got Dixie, just to remind me of my roots. Anyway, one thing I have always loved are the Southern things people say. Things I grew up hearing, and still never understanding exactly what the hell they meant. For instance:
You ask where so-and-so is. One reply I heard frequently was "She went to shit and the hogs ate her, (some people substitute chickens for hogs) anyway, what in the heck does that mean? Why would you say that? Is it a throwback to when there were outhouses?
Another was "Shit fire, save matches" again, I am baffled as hell by this one.
Lastly, this one I understand, but I love it. When you are talking about someone that is not doing so well financially, "They don't have a pot to piss in, nor window to throw it out of."