DISCLOSURE POLICY Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Get Paid Money to Blog


Click His Bootay to Email Me!








NUTZ ON A ROLL

Blogroll Me!

Blog Directory


Who Links Here



Blog: Why are these kids following me?  Who are they calling Mom?? - Get your quick ping button at autopinger.com!



Blogarama - The Blog Directory Blogarama - The Blog Directory
Find Blogs in the Blog
Directory
Parents Blogs
Start Blogging

Previous Posts







Design: Silver-Logic
Powered: Blogger
Comments/Trackbacks: Haloscan
Vector Image: Getty Images




Google PRâ„¢ - Post your Page Rank with MyGooglePageRank.com

Benzene
Benzene Counter


 

Things that are Southern...Y'all Yankees Know what I am talking about?

Monday, June 12, 2006


Due to the responses my boiled peanuts received, I've gathered many of my readers have no concept of the blissful state of existence one resides in when born and raised Southern. I am a true G.R.I.T.S. (that's Girl Raised In The South) I embrace my Southern roots, I am proud as hell to be Southern. A person's life is not complete unless they've:





a) Chewed on a Sugar Cane, enjoying the sweetness and then spitting out the chewed up mass.

b) Sat on the back of a pick up truck devouring a huge slab of watermelon, the juice running down your chin, saving the seeds in your mouth to spit at a cousin or two. Also, being told that if you swallow said seed that a watermelon will grow in your stomach.

c) Picked a five gallon bucket or two of butterbeans, then shelled them until your thumbs got so sore you couldn't stand it.

d) played in a rain shower, unless it was lightnin'


e) seen houses covered in Kudzu, and not think it was an odd thing.

f) I don't know if Yankees do this, but honey, when someone dies in the South, the first thing the women do is start cooking. How casseroles,cakes & cobblers help out with grief is unknown, they just do.



g) been so busy playing that you didn't notice you'd swallowed a gnat or two.

h) had a heaping bowl of cheese grits for breakfast, everday, for years

i) said Yes ma'am or No ma'am to your elders. It's not about subservience, it's about respect.

j) squatted and peed in the woods, not very ladylike, but....when ya gotta go

I could go on and on and on...but I won't.

I will ask one question though...how come the Yankees say they are gonna barbecue, then you get there and it's hamburgers and hot dogs? Barbecue is shredded beef or pork with a tangy red sauce, and it's called grilling out, not barbecuing!